Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Guadalajara..and some new birds!!

Last weekend, Jeanne and I took a quick trip over to Guadalajara. Jeanne was working with a Doctor over there, and so we flew over Friday night, and flew back Sunday morning.

Despite the short time, I did still manage to get is a few hours looking for new birds! With Jeanne's help and Ok, we went to Parque de Bosque los Colomos. This is a very beautiful and diverse park, with a huge number of both people and birds.

The feature area for this park is the Japanese style garden and water works.



During this short visit, we were only able to see a small portion of the park, as it is nearly 250 acres. The highlight of the trip for me was a new Life List bird, a Russet-crowned Motmot!! This is a bird that I have never even thought I might see, so it was a huge surprise! Check out the beautiful tail extensions....




No comments:

Post a Comment