Monday, May 21, 2018

My longest Twitch

Just in case you are not familiar with Birding Lingo, a twitch is to make a special, and exclusive trip to look for a specific bird. Many times this comes from a rare bird being spotted, and someone will drive, or travel considerable distance to find said bird. Jeanne and I have traveled roughly 3000 kilometers, in search of an Emu. I know, most of you are rolling your eyes, thing, what the hell is wrong with him. But, in my defense, how can you spend just shy of a month in Australia, on what could be described as a 95%birding trip and not see one?

Yesterday, my last full day in Australia, we finally found one!  In fact we found 5 but they were much shyer that I was expecting, and took off fore the trees the minute we stopped the car. I managed to get a couple of quick shots, from nearly 300 meters away, while they were in the shadows, looking directly into the sun, so at least those are my excuses for a terrible photo, but, they are none the less Emus!


No comments:

Post a Comment