Friday, September 16, 2016

Getting back to normal.

The clean up is done, and life is pretty much back to normal here in La Paz after our visit from hurricane Newton. I have been able to get out a couple of times, mostly to assess the damage to some of my regular birding spots. For the most part, everything is in pretty good shape, a few trees down, some road damage due to the heavy rains. But....there are still a lot of birds, and several of which I have not seen for a while.



Early this morning I took a trip out to the Reservoir, mostly just to hang out, and see what I could find. There have been a large number of Xanthus's Hummingbirds, and I thought I might be able to get a few new photos of this rather uncommon endemic species. While there  were certainly were a few Xanthus's around, there were a huge number of birds, and a few I have never seen in this area before.

 This Black-throated Sparrow came down to the lake for a quick drink and a bath.


 
I had not seen any of our local Gray Flycatchers since last winter, but got to see several today around the lake.
 
 
This is only the second time I have been able to locate Black-headed Grosbeaks.
 
This female Hooded Oriole made a trip down to the waters edge to get a drink as well.
 
 
 
And of course, there were some Xanthus's Hummingbirds.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment