Sunday, August 21, 2016

Jumping from Birds to Animals for a bit

The last few weeks have been incredibly hectic, with work, the threat of a hurricane, (twice) and helping Jeanne get around while she convalescences from her surgery.

So, I spent this afternoon, going back thru photos I previously shot, and have not had a chance to look at. I found that I have quite a few very nice animal shots from the Guadalajara Zoo. This zoo uses large enclosures in order to give the animals as much space as possible, and a more life like environment. This also allows me to photograph them, and get the appearance of being out in the wild! Since a trip to Africa is way out of the budget right now, this is the best I can do!

Todays I am going to feature the big cats!! We will start out with the African Lion!


The speedster, The Cheetah


The Cougar, or Mountain Lion.

of course, there was a pair, so I need to feature both!!

But my favorite of the day, was this beautiful Leopard, who was paying little or no attention to the throngs of people going by. Then, when I walked up, to came to full attention, and literally appeared to be stalking me. At first, it dropped to it's belly....


And then slowly began to creep closer and closer...


And then it jumped right up on the enclosure at me. I moved down the way and it followed me. I finally figured out, that it was watching my camera, when I moved it, the cat followed it very closely.



I will get a few more of the "Zoo" shots posted in my next blog!

Thank you for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment