Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A few fun birds from last Sunday

I took a couple of hours last Sunday and made a drive out to Presa Buena Mujer, or in English, The Good Woman Reservoir. This is such an amazing place, there have been several birds, while not necessarily new to me, just birds that I have not seen in this area before!

This was my first ever Varied Bunting though!!



The other highlight would have to be all the babies! some have already fledged, while a few are still running around under Mom and Dad's care!

Here is the beautiful Male California Quail, keeping look out...



While is little ones peek out from the dense under brush



This Verdin is still working on a nest, which I would figure to be a set one for the year....



I am sure that this juvenile Xanthus's Hummingbird has not been on it's own for to long..



One of the biggest surprises of the morning was this Pacific-slope Flycatcher, my first one here in Mexico



This Ash-throated Flycatcher seemed to be feeling the effects of the 100+ degree weather..

One of the hardest photographic targets for me are the very small, always moving Gnatcatcher...this Blue-gray Gnatcatcher did manage to sit still long enough for me to get a quick picture while it was singing.



...and then I got this fun shot of it, just taking off on it's way to another tree...









No comments:

Post a Comment