Thursday, June 21, 2018

A couple of great surprises


Sitting on the back deck, right at day light a few days ago, got me a huge surprise, but then a second one came along as well. When I first spotted the Chin-spot Battis, I was excited for the new bird and a decent photo. Looking thru the binoculars, a small bit of flash caught my eye. A banded Bird, and just not a banded bird, but an African banded bird. Less than an hour later, this Ashy Flycatcher flew in, sporting a little bling as well. TWO BANDS in one day. I am not sure if I have ever done that.
 
Here is that Chin-spot Battis, If you look closely at the leg on the left you will see the band. Sorry about the grainy photo, it was taken before the sun had come up
 


Here is the Ashy Flycatcher, and the band on the same leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment