Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The first week is in the books.

Jeanne and I had a great run over to the Pacific Ocean side of the Baja, to Conquista Agraria Sunday morning. We had a beautiful day, light breeze, 82-84 degrees, and bright sunshine. 

I was a bit disappointed by the shorebirds that I was able to find, but the desert species close to the shoreline did not fail to show up. I added 7 more birds to the list, putting my first week at a very respectable 116 species!

The new birds that got on the list, were:

Horned Lark

California Quail

Loggerhead Shrike

Western Gull

Northern Cardinal

Gray Thrasher

Black-throated Sparrow (see below)



This is the local endemic Gray Thrasher



This is a quite unusual bird, inn that I rarely ever get to see one. This is the Large-billed Savannah Sparrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment