Monday, March 26, 2018

Ok, Ok, here are the little Blue Penguins

I got a couple of notes, letting know that while the Yellow-eyed Penguins truly are cool, the little Blue Penguins were indeed my first and I deserve to give them their due. The site that we got to visit was indeed a great facility, and had well trained staff there to help out. The fees collected ($35.00 Per Person) helped fund not only that area, but the adjacent Royal Albatross Center as well. The Blue Penguin is actually quite common thru out New Zealand, it is just that there is a timing issue when you are trying to cover as much ground as we are, and trying to get as many species as possible, so this center helped me get the tick I needed, and I helped pay for their work. A great trade of, as far as I was concerned. The photography was quite difficult, as there is no flashes allowed, as well as no auto focus....so finding those little buggers in the lens, in the dark, despite the low light LED lights that were added, getting them in focus, and having enough shutter speed in the dark was a challenge. Here is one that came out...well, OK.



No comments:

Post a Comment